Vitamin A Facts… That you might not know!
Through intensive research Dr Des Fernandes discovered the essential role vitamin A plays in skin health… It is the only scientifically known element that keeps skin healthy and combats the visible signs of ageing.
Did you know these A-mazing facts about Vitamin A?
- Vitamin A belongs to a family of organic chemicals called Retinoids.
Retinoids occur naturally in the human body and are closely linked to the chemistry of vision in the retina of the eye.
- Vitamin A promotes a healthy skin thickness resulting in a smoother appearance and texture.
- Vitamin A can normalise how a skin cell functions and can influence its behaviour to act more youthfully.
- Vitamin A encourages the synthesis of healthy collagen and elastin for a firmer looking skin.
- Supplements may help replenish lost vitamin A but not as effectively as topical application to the skin.
- Temporary sensitivities are a sign your client’s skin is vitamin A deficient.
- Absorbs UV energy and is a natural sunscreen. The more vitamin A the more protection.
- Levels in the skin are naturally depleted by sun exposure, almost 90% of vitamin A can be destroyed by one day of sun tanning.
- Receptors in your client’s skin need to be restored after years of sun exposure to efficiently absorbs vitamin A.
- The Environ STEP-UP SYSTEM was designed to help the skin gradually become more comfortable with increased levels of vitamin A over time.
Your Personal Skin Technician…